Thursday, November 22, 2007

Otter sketches

More stuff for the class I am taking. This is to illustrate a story about an otter.




I did this first page of otters before I had seen an otter reference photo, hence, why they are so wonky. They do get better as they go along.



Such as these ones - some of which are coming along.



And these, which I felt were starting to show a bit of personality, people particularly seem to like the one sitting with its leg up? I don't really know why.



Anyway, page four of otter sketches. I wanted to play around with how very bendy they are. Seriously, you should watch them sometime. It's as if they don't have bones. Well, they do, but you know what I mean.



What do different otters' faces look like? And some otters running.



Some little thumbnail scene planning, wet/dry otter (electrocuted?) and extremely long-armed otter at the bottom. I don't know, don't ask. Don't stare at the deformity.



My favourite page thus far, because I think the movement is really starting to come together.