Friday, October 05, 2007

Studio photos

Considering that we renovated and finished this room, um... back in April, I thought I could post some pics. It's not as clean as this anymore (art begets mess, or vice versa, at least for me). Some of them are just photos from when I was going to life drawing evenings regularly. I hung them up for inspiration because they usually just see the inside of a portfolio. Coincidentally, the months I was going to these classes were almost always older, naked men. You should have seen my poor grandparents when I showed them this room! Simply scandalous.



view from the door




from the desk, or thereabouts




my shelves, I love these shelves




closeup on magnetic poetry, also a few watercolours (it was a girl that night!)




some other watercolours from those evenings










this model came with all sorts of props (hats, ski poles, bike helmets, scarf).






ink drawing to the left, to the right a lithograph from when I had access to that sort of thing, the middle is acrylic, my muses.

Anyway, it's a happy place and I really enjoy having a space I can spread out and make a mess in and my mess doesn't intrude on the rest of the house. Not featured is the dog bed I drag in so that Rufus can keep me company while I'm working on things. A dog bed can make anyplace homey.